Reply to topic

PocketPC Version?
jsmith2000

how is the pocket pc version coming along. are you going to release it before v1.4 or will it come with v1.4.
Logan Mueller
Support

The PocketPC version is finished. There are only a few things to fix with ActiveSync support.

The PocketPC version will be released with v1.4 of the PC version of Pocket Diary. I hope to have this released sometime before Christmas!

Thanks for your question. Kind regards,

Logan
Pocket Diary Author

Stimbo

Hi Mario!

I am also anxiously awaiting your new Pocket PC version. I feel that this is something of great value to me as I get "on in years" and forget what I did last summer. Wink My iPAQ 2215 is always in my pocket, and I would cherish a SIMPLE yet STABLE journal/diary program that syncs with the PC.

I would like to offer my services as an experienced Beta tester. I have helped several other developers with their initial PPC releases to iron out those initial bugs.

Do you have a planned release date?

Thanks!

Stimbo
Medford, NJ
stimbo@comcast.net
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Stimbo,

There are a couple of people testing the current round. The more people, the better! I will include you in the next round of beta cuts.

Stimbo wrote:

Do you have a planned release date?

I'm shooting to release v1.4 sometime around Christmas. If not then, shortly thereafter. Smile

With all due respect. You posted almost last year that v1.4 was coming out soon.. but it's almost 2004 and no release yet. Sad

--Kwiksilver
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Kwiksilver,

You are right.. it's difficult to give an exact release date, because this is something I work on in my free time. Unfortunately, I haven't had as much time to work on Pocket Diary as initially expected this year. And still I cannot make any guarantees, except that I *will* definitely release v1.4 sometime in the near future. Very Happy

And I'm pretty sure you'll like the new goodies that it will offer. I'm especially looking forward to releasing v2.0, which will have a completely new editor. (Finally, making the stationery system efficiently possible)

Most of the features in v1.4 have been finished already. It's only a matter of having them tested. If you're interested in beta testing, let me know. (Though you need to be a licensed Pocket Diary user--just send me your serial number and real name in a private e-mail to me and I will put you on the next round)

Thanks for your post. Kind regards,
Logan
Pocket Diary Author

That's acceptable. I'm just anxious I guess. I've been using Pocket Diary for almost 2 years now and love it but would like it more with tree control. As long as v1.4 is as stable as v1.3, I don't care when you release it. (Well.. just soon i hope) Laughing

Thanks for the testing offier. I sent you e-mail with my info.

--Kwiksilver
i1

hi logan,

would be nice if you could update the developement status page. Wink

i hope that pocket diary 1.4 will be released soon... if you need an additional beta tester - just send me an email.

best regards,
ivo
New Pocket PC version?
Stimbo

Hi Logan!

What's up with the pocket pc version of Pocket Diary?

Stimbo
Medford, NJ
Status?
dko

Hi Logan,

What's the status of 1.4? We're almost half-way through 2004... Wink

-dko
Logan Mueller
Support

Everyone:

I sincerely apologize for the delays. I realize how frustrating it may be, but please remember that developing Pocket Diary is something I do in my spare time. Unfortunately, my real job has been taking more from me than usual. But when the tides ease up, I'm eager to wrap up v1.4 and v2.0 as quickly as possible..

During the last testing phase, there were some interesting problems discovered by the testers. Some great suggestions were made that I would like to throw in before the final release.

As of yet, I still cannot give an exact release date. But the project still lives. Please consider: most other authors will write 100's of buggy versions. Whereas I try to release fewer versions, but more organized, stable, and tested.

I thank everyone for their patience and continued interest in the project.

Kind regards,
Logan
Pocket Diary Support