Reply to topic

Menu bar
artforartssake

I've completely "lost" my menu bar. Does anyone know how I can get it back? Mad
Logan Mueller
Support

This problem is unusual because technically the "menu bar" isn't supposed to close. My guess is that somehow it got positioned somewhere outside your configured screen resolution. (Have you changed screen resolutions recently?) If the "menu bar" was floating during that time, this could be what happened. In which case, going back to your previous screen resolution would let you see and redock the menu bar into the frame.

If that doesn't work, the following step will let you reset your toolbar back to its normal, docked position. Unfortunately, it requires you to use the Registry Editor. (Please be very cautious when following these steps)

1. Open the Registry Editor (Start > Run > regedit)
2. Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER key
3. Open "Software" key
4. Open "Mario Mueller" key
5. Open "Pocket Diary" key
6. Select "Book-Bar1", make sure highlighted, press DELETE key
7. Select "Entry-Bar1", make sure highlighted, press DELETE key
8. Select "Program-Bar1", make sure highlighted, press DELETE key
9. Close Registry Editor
10. Run Pocket Diary

To explain what is happening, you are simply deleting "Book-Bar1", "Entry-Bar1", and "Program-Bar1" keys, so that Pocket Diary uses its defaults next time it is launched.

Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

artforartssake

Thanks for getting back to me. You're prob right. My hard disk crashed back in August and had to be replaced, so I restored my PD from a floppy disk backup, and that's when the prob started.

Meantime, re your instructions: i can't get past first base! Where do i find "regedit"??

regards
Logan Mueller
Support

When you click Run on the Start Menu, you'll get a dialog box. Just type in "regedit" at the prompt and press [enter] to run the Registry Editor.

artforartssake

Works a treat! thanks for the excellent support.

now for my 2nd question: I have a comp at work (on which I loaded PD and use it there) and one at home. do I have to pay a 2nd licence fee to run the program at home? regards Art
Logan Mueller
Support

Licenses are sold on a "per computer" basis (mentioned in license agreement) so to answer the question simply, yes.