Reply to topic

Mounted VHD - "delayed write failed" when copying
the utmost

Hi

I'm a new user here, with Gizmo 2.7.7 installed under WinXP 32bit.

I have mounted a VHD (created under Windows Hyper-V Server 2008 R2) which contains a bootable WinXP 32bit system
I have mounted it to a drive letter, as "read only", and shared the drive letter.
I can browse the mounted VHD fine on the PC that has Gizmo Manager installed.
However, when I attempt to copy files from inside the mounted VHD across the network, the file copy starts, then fails with an error message similar to "delayed write failed".
This is the error message coming from Gizmo Manager itself.
On the network client that I was attempting to do the copy from, I get a message that Windows could not read from the source disk/file.

My mounted VHD is 40Gb, and I am attempting to copy approx 11.3Gb data across the network.

Interestingly, when I attempt the file copy from the machine running Gizmo Manager to the client, and use TeraCopy, the file copy works "better", but I think that is because TeraCopy is far better at handling flaky read/write IO?
TeraCopy got to 53% then stopped with error - "Source: The parameter is incorrect."

Has anyone else encountered similar issues?
Or have any idea what is going on?

All I want to achieve here is to mount a VHD, share it across the network, and be able to connect from a few different clients and copy some content from it. I don't need any other features...
Cheers,
tU
Timothy Holt

I have exactly the same problem. I tried copying some files from a 50GB VHD image that's mounted as read only but get the "delayed write failed" error and fails to copy the files. It works fine if I don't mount it as read only. Is this problem fixable?
Mounted VHD - "delayed write failed" when copying