Reply to topic

Question/Suggestion
Eric McKay

I would like to know if this software can be made for use as a portable tool.

I undertand that there are drivers that must be downloaded to the windows format, but this is an innocuous footprint that could be over looked.

I utilize a pocket drive for several contracts and find I have a difficult time getting a good interface, with a virtual drive.

If not currently available, could it be done, or is a windows direct interface absolutely necessary?

Eric V. McKay
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, Gizmo is not really designed to be used in this fashion. There are other dependencies which would potentially keep the program from working the way you expected, namely, the settings it stores in the Windows Registry, and files stored in the Documents folder.

Hi,

Some of the good products that I've seen managed to work around the registry issue by creating a portable.ini or portable.txt file in wherever is the executables are located.

This product is very useful but as with other products like Pismo or MagicDisc, it would have been better if you give an option to have the product behave portably.

Check out products like Jarte and KMPlayer or Softmaker Office to name a few. They all work around the registry thing by writing the settings into a file instead of the registry. Kinda back to the good ole days of using INI files ... Smile
Question/Suggestion