Reply to topic

Cannot create iso from file
Harry DeBusk
Donor

Gizmo just gives an error when trying to make an iso from a folder. "Unknown Error 0xC0AABB120"

I have downloaded the MS image burning update, so I don't know what's going on.

Otherwise, thanks for a great product!
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Harry,

I noticed something similar happens if I try to create an ISO file from the Documents folder in Windows Vista. It seems to have something to do with the links that point to the legacy folder names, e.g. Application Data -> AppData or My Documents -> Documents etc.

Do you think this may have been the case for you as well? We will be sure to take a look at it, thanks!

Donor

Hi,

I put the folder at the root of the hard drive (C:\) and it would still not mount. Same error. Interestingly, after it gave the error message within Gizmo, Gizmo sort of "hung onto" the file, not allowing me to move it anywhere until I quit or stopped Gizmo itself. The error was that the file was being used by another program.

let me know if you figure this out!

thanks again for a nice program.

hd
Logan Mueller
Support

Creating an ISO image from C:\ would probably guarantee the 0xC0AABB120 error actually, since it is going to recurse into the sub-folders and add those links anyway. We did find a better way to submit the files to the image, which will allow the program to skip over any funny links, avoid the error, and show a warning message instead of giving up entirely.

Donor

Hi,

Interesting about the root recursive thing.

New info: The folder in question contains a dvr-ms format file. When I remove that file, Gizmo can then create an ISO from the folder.

Why is this?

Also, Why is it that I can't copy files to a Gizmo drive? I'm trying to figure out how to make a writeable virtual DVD.

thx.
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Harry,

We're actually in the process of figuring out what that error message means. There are some other folders that are giving us this error, so we're determined to fix it.

If you need a virtual writable solution, then it is be better to create a virtual hard drive since the ISO-9660/Joliet specification is not intended to be a rewritable file system. The virtual hard drives in Gizmo will use NTFS, and allow files to be renamed, moved, deleted, etc. on a virtual drive.

Donor

Hi,

Thanks for looking into it. I was hoping to use a virtual DVD because I'm trying a weird thing - to use some software which writes to DVD to copy some files, and access them like a DVD. It will be useful for me if this works.

Keep me posted,

thanks,

hd
Logan Mueller
Support

The latest update should fix the Unknown error 0xC0AABB120 problem!

Donor

Hi,

Thanks for that, but now there's a new error:

0xC0AAB132

Sorry to ruin the good news. Smile

[/img]
Logan Mueller
Support

At least we're making progress. Smile Those error codes should be showing in human readable form. We'll be looking into it and will follow up here again. Can you tell me the size of the largest file in this folder?

Donor

There's one file. 3.34 GB in size.
Harry DeBusk
Donor

I tried again, and now another - 0xC0AAB110
Logan Mueller
Support

0xC0AAB110 is saying that the path provided is badly formed or contains invalid characters.

Donor

Interesting - i wonder what I'm doing, or if the file has some strangeness to it?
Logan Mueller
Support

Are there any files in the folder with a [;] semi-colon in it? Unfortunately, these are not supported by CDFS or UDF. If yes, can you try removing the semi-colon to confirm that it solves the problem, or let us know otherwise. Thanks