Reply to topic

rc-Mount .ISO Images vs. rc-Eject Virtual Drives
Son VoBa

When I right-click an .ISO image and choose "Mount", the Gizmo dialog box would come up to let me choose how it should be mounted as a virtual drive. That's intuitive and cool.

However, when I right-click a Gizmon virtual drive and choose "Eject", an error message came back which only says "An error occured while ejecting 'CD Drive (JSmile xxxxx'." without elaboration. This happened on both x86 and x64 systems.

Is this a bug, or a feature limitation?
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Son VoBa,

I guess 'Eject' could be implemented, but I don't think it's supposed to show up. It looks like this started happening when the UDF support was added. There should also be an 'Unmount' item on that same menu. Do you see 'Unmount: xxxxxx'? Thanks for letting me know!

The right-click Eject is done to a virtual drive icon inside the Windows File Explorer, not to a Gizmo GUI.

Doing an Unmount from within a Gizmo GUI works just fine.
Logan Mueller
Support

There is actually supposed to be an 'Unmount' option when you right-click on the virtual drive in Windows Explorer, or if you right-click on the mounted ISO file (in Windows Explorer) Perhaps you're not seeing it because Windows x64 Server requires a 64-bit compilation of the shell extension.

On the Windows Server 2008 x64 system, there are no "Unmount" options either for the right-click menu off a Windows File Explorer virtual drive icon, or for the right-click menu off an .ISO image file icon.

I did not check this earlier, but on my Windows Vista SP1 x86 system, right-click on the .ISO image file icon does not bring up the "Mount" option in the menu. Strange!
Logan Mueller
Support

Strange, indeed. Doing a fresh install of Gizmo on XP SP2 actually gives the 'Unmount' option, but still no 'Mount'. Looks like the shell registrations need to be revisited.

Support

The latest update addresses most of the integration issues, and introduces a new 64-bit shell extension.