Reply to topic

Virtual drive device driver
Leah Gerfen

I just installed Gizmo on my Vista computer but I can't get the device driver to install. The GIZMODRV.SYS file is in the proper directory but everytime I check my virtual drives in Gizmo Manager it says "Not Current (Click 'Update' to update the driver)" next to Device Driver at the bottom of the screen. When I click on "Update" I get a window telling me I'm about to update the devicce driver for Gizmo Drive and the computer must be rebooted; I choose continue then I get a Windows message asking for permission to continue which I give and then nothing happens, I am still on the Gizmo drive screen. I reboot and still have the same "Not Current..." message at the bottom of the Virtual Drives screen.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but it does no good.

HELP! I'm getting very frustrated!

(I just installed this program on a WinXP machine and I'm having the same problem!) What am I doing wrong????
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Leah,

Did you download Gizmo directly from this web site? If so, that's my mistake. The next version is supposed to have a new update to the driver, but it looks like it sneaked itself into the wrong setup. I apologize for that.

If you go to the download page now, it'll have v2.5.10, which has the correct driver. Install this over your existing copy, go back into 'Virtual Drives', click 'Update', reboot, and it should work this time.

If you update to the latest version of Gizmo through Software Updates afterwards, it should still be OK, since the setup package was actually what was affected.

Thank you, Logan. That did the trick.
Logan Mueller
Support

OK great, thanks for the heads up!