Reply to topic

Palm Tungsten T not supported?
Andreas

Dear people,

I bought the Pocket Diary as it looked so professional but now I realize that it will not work on my Palm Tungsten T. Clicking the icon on the Plam the program starts but then I see an empty window saying "no entry" in the lower right corner. I set the conduit on the Palm - so I should see some entries. While synchronizing I get no error-messages - so I really should see something.

Anyhow - if I touch "write" then I get
> MemoryMgr.c,Line:3564,NULL handle <

Can anybody out there help me? Is there a chance for a new release with bugfix?

Best Regards ... Andreas

andreas.jacobi@web.de
Logan Mueller
Support

Hello,

The bug you mention is listed in the "Known Bugs" area and is planned to be fixed in the next release.

The Pocket Diary HotSync conduit currently only "imports" entries from the handheld/palm to the PC. Why? In the past, Palm OS did not have the capability or capacity to fully synchronize booklets, styles, graphics, objects, etc. Newers Palm, however, partially do, and there is a work around being implemented in a future release.

Kind regards,
Logan

Hi Logan,

I will be happy if the bugfix is in the next release.

And for the two-way-synching - I only need plain text. I do not need pictures, icons, different text-styles like italic and bold and so on. Plain text is sufficient. Maybe you can implement this in the next release too? That would be perfect for me Smile

By the way - is there a hint when the next release appears - in spring?

Best Regards ... Andreas
Logan Mueller
Support

Hello Andreas,

There is some good news. I finally got my hands on a Palm handheld that has the crashing problem described. Up until now it has been difficult to solve the problem without reproducing it.

So the crashing problem should be fixed soon. (I will post the new *.prc file on the web site, when it is fixed) But as for the two way syncing on PalmOS: that will have to wait until v1.5. (Which could be awhile) Right now, my priority is releasing v1.4, which focuses on syncing for the PocketPC version.

Thank you for your patience,
Logan
Pocket Diary Author

ChuckChapChuck

Hi --

Any progress on the crash issue? I just switched to a Tungsten E from an i705 and now can't use the PRC.

CCC
Palm Tungsten T not supported?