Reply to topic

Can't reinstall Gizmo drive driver (resolved)
m o

At the bottom of the "virtual drives" screen it says:
Device Driver: Please reboot your computer to finish updating the driver.
But no matter how many times I reboot, this message doesn't change, and I can't use Gizmo drive!

I think my installation may have been corrupted the last time I did a system restore, because Gizmo drive used to work. I tried re-installing Gizmo. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing Gizmo. The best I can figure, Gizmo isn't uninstalling completely.

Is there anything short of re-installing windows that I can do fix this?
Logan Mueller
Support

There was in fact a bug in an earlier version which would keep Gizmo Drive from being uninstalled completely. That was fixed a couple of months ago. You may want to make sure you are uninstalling with the latest version.

The uninstaller will do its best to uninstall the files that were installed by Gizmo itself. It will not remove any files that were created during the use of the application, nor will it purge any folders that contain files like these. (This is pretty standard) In the case of a System Restore, you run the risk that files can be restored without the corresponding registry entries.

A part of Gizmo Drive is actually implemented as a device driver, and so this would certainly be considered a critical component by System Restore. If you want to try deleting the file manually, the driver file is GIZMODRV.SYS, and it is located in the "Windows\System32\Drivers" directory. Ensure that Gizmo is closed. Delete GIZMODRV.SYS. Reboot. Reinstall the driver through the same screen. Reboot. Then come back to that Virtual Drive screen again to see if the status changed.

Thank you, that fixed it.
Can't reinstall Gizmo drive driver (resolved)