Reply to topic

Uninstall error
Goran Hagegard

I'm trying to install Gizmo Village and things seem to work well. However, now, every time I reboot, there is a dialogue box coming up: "Error Loading C:\progra~1\gizmo\gdrive.dll

How do I completely uninstall the application?

Thanks
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Goran,

The uninstaller should have uninstalled everything. I'll be sure to look into this.

To get rid of the error message, please follow these instructions:

- Click the Start Menu, and select "Run..."
- Type in MSCONFIG, and press 'Enter'
- Select the 'Startup' tab
- Look for the Startup Item labeled 'Gizmo Drive' and uncheck the box next to it
- Click OK

Now reboot your computer to confirm that the error message is gone. However, MSCONFIG will pop-up its own dialog at startup letting you know that your configuration was changed. It will do this every time you boot your computer UNLESS you check the box inside the dialog. Just enable that checkbox to keep the dialog from reappearing.

Support

This error message has been fixed in v2.5.1. If you uninstall Gizmo after updating to the latest version, you should no longer see this error message pop up. Otherwise please use the instructions noted above to get rid of it.