Reply to topic

Vim Integration
Mark Rankilor

I've only just discovered this program, which initially seems like a jumble of random pieces, but I'm finding it amazingly simple, easy, fast and productive to use.

One thing that would make it amazingly good though, is if you were able to use vim bindings for the editor ... After using vim for so long I find a normal text editor so painfully slow, especially for writing code. Vim would make Gizmo pretty much perfect for me.
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Mark,

Great idea. I'll definitely consider having this added in a future release. Starting with the common bindings, and then adding the more complicated ones later. Did you have any favorites in mind?

Glad you think it's a good idea Smile

Well besides the simple ones, the most useful ones I find for making things faster are:

* Ctrl-v and then I or A for inputting the same text at the beginning or end of every line, i.e. commenting out large blocks of code

* = for automatic readjustment of indentation

* <, > for indenting

* gq for reformatting textwidth sizes, especially for long comments

* Ctrl I, O for going back and forward to recent locations.

Those are the best I can think of at the moment, but will definitely be looking forward to this in future releases Smile

Mark
Vim Integration