Reply to topic

Different MD5 from CD and Folder
Manuel Ugarte

Hi. I do not know why I am getting a different MD5 checksum from the contents of the CD and when I copy the contents of the CD to a folder. Do you have any idea?? javascript:emoticon('Sad')
Sad I was looking at the output file .csv from the CD and the folder and the files are rearrange in different order. Maybe that is a clue??? Thanks, Manuel.
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Manuel,

You're right. The order of the files is definitely taken into consideration by the hashing algorithm.

The hash should be different, technically, but a new option could be added to have the file order disregarded during a hash, sorting the files before any calculations are made. What are your feelings on that?

Yes, I think sorting the files first will help. An option will be great!! Thanks.
Logan Mueller
Support

OK, the new option is in Gizmo Hasher 2.0.7, on the second page of the wizard!