Reply to topic

HTML exporting
alex32

How much would it take to persuade you to add an HTML filter to the export feature in Pocket Diary?

Alex
Logan Mueller
Support

Not much. This has been a popular request. I will add that to "development status" list for v1.5. Wink

Logan
Pocket Diary Author

Right on. Thanks, Logan!! Very Happy Very Happy
good idea!
i1

of course it would be possible to save all entries in the html format? embedding pictures (in jpg) wouldn't be a problem anymore and that would reduce the size of the whole diary enormous. Smile

Smile greets,
i1
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi i1,

Let's just say, I am *really* looking forward to writing v2.0.

The reason why Pocket Diary stores images in such an extremely large, uncompressed format is because it uses the standard "Rich Edit" control as the base for the editor. This currently handles the graphics as DIBs, which are pretty much the same size as BMP files.

If you compress your booklets, you can save some hard drive space. But still the compression does not compare to any graphic algorithms out there.

v2.0 will have enhancements to the editor, including the use of JPG compression when saving to files!

Logan