Reply to topic

Programming Language Templates for Gizmo Editor
troy hoopes

I notice some programming languages will show up in color in the Gizmo Editor--distinguishing key words etc. Is there a way for common users to create such language templates for programming languages they work in, but there is no Gizmo current language template? For example, I still work in COBOL among other languages, and it would be nice to use the same editor environment to work on all my programs.
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Troy,

That's right.. customizing the 'templates' for different languages is currently not possible. It could be added, though probably not for awhile. (We are moving this month)

It would be simple enough to add COBOL directly. What other languages are you using?

Thanks Logan for responding.
It looks like Gizmo covers most language areas that I work in. I write/maintain code mainly in PL/SQL, in COBOL, and some JCL (MVS/OS on IBM). I like using your editor. It is clean and simple and I'm sure I will expand to use other Gizmo functions at time goes on. I saw someone suggested adding line numbering and I second that motion (it is nice when a debugger says error on line ###, to be able to quickly see what is around the given line number. not just to use the "Go To" function as some debuggers only report a line number close to the error. Good luck with the move.
Logan Mueller
Support

Thanks for the input. After we finish revamping Gizmo Drive and Gizmo Toolbar, we are strictly looking to focus back on Gizmo Editor to make these types of improvements. I will be sure to follow up here with any progress!