Reply to topic

Nero Showtime 4.2.3.0 does not work with Gizmo Central 2.5
Aaron Thompson

I have Nero 8 installed on my system, and when I have Gizmo running in the systray, the Showtime component of Nero 8 will not play DVD's from a folder on my harddrive, nor will it play DVD.iso images that are mounted using Gizmo Central. I am running these on Windows Vista.
Aaron Thompson

Nevermind....
I had downloaded
Gizmo Drive 2.5.6
from Download.com
it works fine with Nero Showtime
after I downloaded
Gizmo Central 2.5.11
from the Arainia site.
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Aaron,

Ah that's a relief. It takes awhile to get download.com updated, unfortunately, but it's nice to hear that the latest version solved the problem. Thank you for posting this info.

I take that back..

Nero Showtime 4.2.3.0 will NOT play a DVD Movie ISO image when mounted
with Gizmo Central 2.5.11.

Gizmo Central 2.5.11 does let me play movies that are in folders on my harddrive however as the earlier version did NOT let me do.
Logan Mueller
Support

Hmm, that's interesting. What kind of error message(s) are you getting? (There are no machines here with Nero, unfortunately)

I get a "Drive not Ready" error.
I can copy the VIDEO_TS folder to the Harddrive at that point and it will play fine.
Logan Mueller
Support

(1) What is the VIDEO_TS folder exactly, e.g. what files are contained inside? and (2) Which application is being used to create the DVD ISO files?