Reply to topic

Can't unmount
Sophie Heurtel

I have an iso file successfully mounted, that I now want to unmount. Whenever I try, I get this message:

Account Mismatch
This device was mounted with a low privileged account. This image must be unmounted from the same account it was mounted from, in order for it to be unmounted correctly.

I only have one account on my computer, where I am automatically logged in - what does the error message refer to?

Any help is much appreciated... Thank you.
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Sophie,

There are a couple of ways to mount and unmount an image file in Gizmo. How is the image mounted? How is it unmounted?

In Windows Vista, this error message can mean that the ISO file was mounted with a regular, non-privileged credential, but it is being unmounted with a privileged credential (granted by a UAC prompt)

Hmm. Not sure what you're talking about, really... I mounted the file by opening it in Gizmo and then clicking mount on the questions that came up. When I wanted to unmount I went to the virtual drives screen and clicked "unmount". Is there another way to do it right?

Thank you...
Logan Mueller
Support

Are you using Windows Vista? If so, do you know if you are running Gizmo as Administrator?

Yes, yes, and yes. I only have one account on my computer, and I'm automatically logged in when I start up the computer.
Logan Mueller
Support

Even though there is only one account, Windows Vista can actually switch between a privileged and non-privileged 'credential' for that account. This is part of the 'new security features' in Windows Vista, namely, the UAC.

According to the error message, the image was mounted when the account was 'non-privileged'. There are several ways to mount an image in Gizmo. For instance, (1) A user can click 'Open' inside the Gizmo Manager to select the image file (2) A user can navigate to the 'Virtual Drives' area inside the Gizmo Manager and click 'Mount Image...' (3) A user can double-click an image file in Windows Explorer to mount an image (4) A user can create a button on the toolbar to mount an image. (5) A user can mount an image from the command line

Please tell me the method you are using (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5) and try another method to see if it solves the problem.

There are also a couple of ways to unmount an image:

(1) From the 'Virtual Drives' screen, click 'Unmount'
(2) From My Computer, right-click on the drive and select 'Unmount'
(3) From Windows Explorer, right-click on the image file and select 'Unmount'
(3) From the command-line

Support

The latest version eliminates this error message completely and implements a new mechanism for unmounting the images within Windows Vista.