Reply to topic

POOF!
Kay Klutchko

I've been using Gizmo for a few months, downloaded the newest version (2.5.5) a few weeks ago, it was working okay, (except for a previously mentioned problem with opening documents), but today when I booted up my computer, I was surprised (and horrified) to see that every one of my settings and toolbar items have vanished into thin air!
Any ideas how I can recover days worth of work setting up my toolbar???
Kay Klutchko

Actually, Strangely enough, I solved my earlier problem on my own...(I just couldn't leave this alone till I figured out what had happened)
I'll post the info here in case this happens to anyone else.

First of all, there's nothing wrong with Gizmo. My Gizmo toolbar did not REALLY vanish. What had happened was that I had changed the default location for MY DOCUMENTS, from the default folder on the C drive to another DOCUMENTS folder on a different drive (my F drive). After I had done that, the next time I tried to use Gizmo, it was looking for the file default.gizmo in the toolbars folder of my new default location...but my preset toolbar folder did not exist in the F drive location. All I had to do to fix my problem was to copy my default.gizmo file from my old C drive location to my new F drive DOCUMENTS location.
If that's clear as mud, I'm sorry...hopefully no one will have such a problem in the future... Wink
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Kay,

Thanks for posting the problem and solution!