Reply to topic

run shortcuts on toolbar as administrator in vista
Gary Rhodes

Hi, I want to run the shortcuts which I've dragged onto my toolbar as administrator under windows vista. I don't want to run gizmo as administrator. I just want to run the shortcut on the toolbar as administrator. How do I do this? Thank you, Gary
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Gary,

There are two ways. First method: Change the 'Action' for your shortcut to 'runas'. Right-click on the shortcut, select 'Modify', and enter 'runas' for the 'Action' value. It won't be listed in the dropdown menu, but you can type it in and it will work. Second method: Go into the File Properties of the object you are launching. Enable the 'Run as Administrator' checkbox under 'Compatibility' tab.

In the future, we will add a checkbox directly to the shortcut screen, as well as a 'Run as Administrator' item to the context menu, but for now these methods work!

I went with your first method and that did exactly what I was looking for. THANK YOU! I' will be looking forward to the checkbox, but this works. Thank you again, Gary
Logan Mueller
Support

Glad it's working! Thank you for following up.