Reply to topic

MS Virtual PC 2004
Freddy

Does this work in a MS Virtual PC ?
Logan Mueller
Support

Yes, most of the test installations were done inside Virtual Machines, actually.

VMWare as well.

It's working with MS Virtual PC 2004 SP1.

The only problem I noticed during the time I am using the Query Analyzer is the fact that it's crashing when I send a query to a table with 3.000.00+ records for a resultset containing approx 1.500.000 records. The Query Analyzer and the Gizmo Village tool are both destroyed without any logging and need to be restarted.
Logan Mueller
Support

Just curious, what kind of data source provider are you using to connect your database? (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server OLE DB, MySQL ODBC, etc.)

I am using the following:

[ODBC]
DRIVER={Unisys ODBC Access 51.1}

No idea if it's a Gizmo-problem, though. Maybe it's just some Windows memory error or timeout on a connection.

Edit: Found some more info in the connection string: Provider=MSDASQL.1
Logan Mueller
Support

I wouldn't be surprised if it's something fishy between the calls to Gizmo and ODBC. I am going to try and repro this and perhaps improve scalability/performance with the large result sets. Thanks for the heads up.

Maybe it's just something with large resultset, so only in place when I try this select statements on 3 million records. Updating this 3 mill records was last night no problemo (only problem is that it last for about 12,5 hours Crying or Very sad )

Been searching around some more and found ODBCdriver error log files. Only thing is that they are empty Confused

Found some config.ini as well:

[Environment]
TPEROOT=C:\Program Files\Unisys\Data Access\5111908\ODBCDriver
[ArrayFetch]
FetchSize=3000
[DatabaseSite]
2200DB=N
[Default Server]
Server Name=NT590***
[IAODBC Site Defaults]
ChargeCodePrompt=no
AccessCodePrompt=no
[ReceiveBuffer]
BufferLimit=3000
[ServiceEntry]
ServicePort=sqlnw***
Logan Mueller
Support

12.5 hours. That's definitely too long. I was easily able to reproduce the slowness when querying for any result set larger than 100,000 records. I think this problem can be solved easily by doing some optimizations to the UI.

I'm concerned about the crashing problem, too, since a couple of other folks reported Gizmo crashing without error message. They used MySQL ODBC and crashed the driver, simply by connecting to the database. I haven't been able to reproduce this yet, but I will follow up here with any further progress.