Reply to topic

Gizmo cannot access internet
Russell English

Gizmo alert !
Gizmo alert wrote:
There was a problem communicating with the server.
Check the Interent settings for this computer and ensure that the network connection is active

My PC is WiFi and LAN connected to the router
Cannot check for Gizmo updates.
Firefox, IE, Google, DuckDuckGo, PaleMoon, eMail account ... can find the internet.

Gizmo cannot find the internet.

What can I do ?

Thank you Smile
Colin Howard

Same problem here.
Although Gizmo does access the internet because it links to this forum ok but it certainly won't allow anything to do with updates at the Arainia server.
I've been having problems with XP automatic updates because one of them trashed BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) a couple of weeks back.
My Gizmo installation followed this event, so I don't know if it would have worked prior to the BITS failure or not.
Is the Arainia server utilising BITS? Could this be related?
Russell English

My Toshiba laptop slowed down to snail pace (Startup) with Gizmo.
Uninstalled Gizmo -- fixed performance.

Judging by the lack of interest in our posts 3 weeks old, I would not hold my breath.
Colin Howard

I primarily wanted Gizmo for the virtual CD/DVD drives and now that you mention it I think my startup has slowed down as well.
I did try re-installing the whole package as opposed to just "central" and the virtual driver element, to try to resolve the no connection issue but that failed as well.
Perhaps I'll simply un-install everything and find another virtual drive routine.
Unless of course somebody from Arainia gets their thumb out of the bum and attempts to resolve the issue first.
aleezy noor

Button 3 is a Group button that, when clicked, expands a pop-up window. I want to call the element of the pop-up window separately so I can change it's attributes separately from the main toolbar, like the fill color, for instance.