Reply to topic

Splash screen
Margarita C

I was wondering if there was any way of disabling the splash screen during program start-up. If so, then how?

Any help would be appreciated!
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Margarita,

You can do it by modifying the command line in the Windows shortcut (right-click the icon/shortcut that launches Gizmo, then select Properties) next append /NoSplash to the end of the command line for the Target field, e.g.

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Gizmo\gizmo.exe" /NoSplash

This will keep the splash screen from appearing whenever that shortcut is used.

If Gizmo is configured to launch automatically when the computer starts up, then you will also need to do the same thing for the shortcut located in your Start Up folder (Start Button > All Programs > Startup > Gizmo)

In your Support reply:

You can do it by modifying the command line in the Windows shortcut (right-click the icon/shortcut that launches Gizmo, then select Properties) next append /NoSplash to the end of the command line for the Target field, e.g.

Win7 Pro Ed won't let me add any appends like /NoSplash to the command line. It gives an error "The name directory\gizmo.exe /NoSplash' specified in the Target box is not valid" when I click on OK or Apply.

How can I get it to work right?

Thanks
Roy Green

The problem you are having Charles is that you are using \nosplash instead of /nosplash this will make a difference when using the command line.

Hope this helps.
Splash screen