Reply to topic

Uninstall problem with gdrive.dll
Wiggie Wiggie

I have a uninstall problem with gizmo v2.77 on Windows 7-64.
After the uninstall i get the error message:
“RunDll, The is a startproblem with c:\progra~2\gizmo\gdrive.dll.
Could not find the module”.
I get this message only if logon with a non administrator account. I reinstall the programma and uncheck the option "startup on boot" and do an second uninstall. Same problem!
I couldn’t fiund the value “gdrive” in the register.

Please Help me.
[/img]
Wiggie Wiggie

The solution for this problem is to give the "non administrator user" administrator rights.

Logon and delete startup entry GizmoDriverDelegate with msconfig.
Clive Taylor

I am having the same problem, also on a Windows 7 x64: after uninstalling Gizmo, I get the “RunDll, The is a startproblem with c:\progra~2\gizmo\gdrive.dll. Could not find the module” error. The entry in msconfig is already unchecked yet it still comes up on boot, and there is no entry in the Startup folder. I find this most irritating. How does one prevent it? Thanks.
dani yoda

once loggin in, i still receive the popup:

problem starting c:\program files\...\gdrive dll
module could not be found

Gizmno was uninstalled, than installed again, then uninstalled again, always rebooted after each step

no entry in startup

how can i remove this RunDLL issue?
dani yoda

was able to remove it, with regedit, like here:
http://www.squidoo.com/rundllerror
Logan Mueller
Support

Apologies to those who encountered this problem. Luckily this does not happen on all machines, but it can happen on specific machines where security settings are more strict or the software is setup and managed differently than expected.

The uninstall logic has been improved to account for these types of configurations in v2.7.8. For those who have uninstalled an earlier version of Gizmo (and still experiencing this issue) there is a utility called Gizmo Cleaner that will help correct this for you.

If you're seeing the RUNDLL error after uninstalling Gizmo, please download this utility and run it to address the problem.

Contrary to what someone said earlier, you do not actually have to promote a standard user to an administrative user to fix this. The key lives inside the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive (unless you prefer to use REGEDIT, and access to it has been restricted in your environment; otherwise this utility is runnable by standard users).

Please note also that Gizmo Cleaner is digitally signed so you can validate its authenticity before running it. A confirmation prompt will be displayed beforehand.

If you rather do it by hand, GizmoDriveDelegate key is stored at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

Caution: Please do not delete the whole Run branch, but instead, just delete the GizmoDriveDelegate value inside this branch (or use the utility).