Reply to topic

Problems on Windows Server 2008 x64
ari Z

Dear all,

Does anyone have the same problem as I do? After installing Gizmo Drive on my virtual windows server 2008 whenever I want to mount and image I keep getting this "The device driver for Gizmo Drive is not running. Please reboot" message. I have rebooted it many times it still does not work. Any ideas?

thanks
ari
Nate Peterson
Donor

I am using it successfully on Win2k8 64-bit.

Where did you download Gizmo from? I'd check to make sure you have the latest version. If you have an earlier version, it probably is the version before it was codesigned, which keeps the driver from loading correctly on 64-bit OS. There was another thread about sometime ago.
Downloaded from this site today
Matt Leo

Having the same problem on two Windows 2008 servers. One 64bit SBS the other 32bit standard.

EDIT: Nevermind...Thank you Windows Defender for stopping the service from installing... Mad now I just need to reboot and it should be good to go.
Logan Mueller
Support

Hi Matt,

Thanks for sharing that bit of info. I'm not sure why Windows Defender would block the install on your machine. Normally it does not (at least this hasn't on any of our Win2k8 machines). If anyone else is experiencing this problem, please let me know by responding to this thread.