Reply to topic

How to launch Gizmo Manager direct from desktop shortcut
Diane Helen

I just installed Gizmo Drive, love it, does everything I need in regards to working with, creating, and mounting iso's

But one thing sorta drives me a bit nuts.

When I try to launch it from my desktop shortcut, it always has to pop up the silly toolbar, that I have to click Gizmo Manager to get the GUI to launch.

IS there a way to bypass this extra step?

TIA
Diane
Nate Peterson
Donor

Gizmo creates a shortcut for Gizmo Manager inside the Start menu. I am pretty sure this bypasses the toolbar, but in any case you could add the /NoShow parameter to any Gizmo shortcut to keep the toolbar from appearing, and /NoSplash to keep the splash screen from appearing. Under the toolbar setup there is an option to Show at StartUp (usability options). You could also uncheck that.
Diane Helen

Thanks for helping..

Whew! I hate to sound dumb, cuz, well Im not. I am a tech professional, and have been able to navigate many different apps with no problem, but I gotta tell ya, the UI for this tool is a bit strange... to me anyway..

I cant seem to find the /no show and /no splash. I did find the usability options and unchecked the start up, but that only made me now have to right click on the tray icon that launches when I use the desktop icon.

This is what I am trying to avoid every time I launch from the desktop shortcut

any way you could give me sorta a "walk" thru
, on how and where to get this to work like a normal desktop shortcut launch?

Thanks

Nate Peterson wrote:
/NoShow parameter to any Gizmo shortcut to keep the toolbar from appearing, and /NoSplash to ......StartUp (usability options). You could also uncheck that.
Nate Peterson
Donor

I wouldn't worry about that. Just click the Start button in Windows, then go to All Programs, expand the Gizmo Central group, then click the Gizmo Manager shortcut to launch Gizmo Manager without the toolbar. Hope this helps.
Diane Helen

Ahhh NOW I understand what you were talking about with the /nosplash or whatever. I guess I didnt read correcly

Anyway, what I did was add the /manager to the shortcut properties, and that seemed to do it.

Thanks! Whew, knew it couldnt be that hard..
How to launch Gizmo Manager direct from desktop shortcut