Reply to topic

Query Analyzer
davey

What databases will your QA utility and proclyzer support? How about Firebird, JET/Access. Thank you
Logan Mueller
Support

To answer this, simply put, any database that implements OLE DB or ODBC support is thus compatible with Gizmo's Database module! Though the underlying design of the QA interface is based off of Microsoft SQL Query Analyzer, it is not limited to use with MS SQL Server, but instead, can be used with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebird, etc.

If I remember correctly, Firebird has two configurations. (Please correct me if I'm wrong) There is some kind of thin layer and a server/client-type setup. I'm inclinded to think that the database connectivity is done only with the server/client setup. But I have never actually tried this, so if anyone with Firebird experience would be willing to comment, please do.

I can tell you for a fact that Procalyzer does not currently support Firebird stored procedures. Only because it hasn't been added yet. But it can be done so easily, if the interest arises. (As with any other database) I will surely look into it.

JET/Access is supported by OLE DB. So, you're good to go, as far as that is concerned.

Please consider adding Firebird support with the popup feature. I am not sure what you mean by client/server. I think we are using both. Thanks!
Logan Mueller
Support

I'll definitely look into that. (Adding pop-up support for Firebird) It may not make the first release, though. (Trying to get the first version finished!)

I'm pretty sure Firebird lets you do some kind of app-based connection over typical client/server connections. (?) The question to ask is whether your database engine is distributed with each client install of your software? Though as said before: so long as there is some kind of OLE DB connection, you're good to go!